The VDI Guideline 2047 Part 2 “Securing hygienically sound operation of evaporative cooling systems (VDI Cooling Tower Code of Practice)”, published in January 2015, describes the tasks that the designers and operators of cooling systems need to undertake to prevent them from spreading Legionella.
In addition to these generally accepted technical rules, the legislature issued a regulation on evaporative cooling systems, cooling towers and wet separators on 19th August 2017 as part of the German Federal Emissions Control Act.
When implementing the Guidelines and the 42nd German Federal Emissions Control Ordinance, we support you in all necessary tasks:
- Regular monitoring of the make-up water and the circulatory systems for all required parameters
- Laboratory tests by a laboratory accredited according to DIN EN IST/IEC 17025
- Advice on automation and dosage control
- Selection of suitable disinfection methods for the degradation of biofilms and with proven effects against Legionella according to DIN EN 13623
- Conducting disinfection with own equipment and monitoring of success
- Training of employees according to VDI 2047 Part 2
- Advising on the preparation of a hazard assessment with risk analysis and risk assessment.
With our many years of experience and proven concepts to eliminate biofilms and control microbiological contamination, we are happy to offer you assistance in this area.